The Indian Premier League (IPL) started in 2008. Every cricketer aspires to play in the world’s most breathtaking T20 league. South African all-rounder Chris Morris has made history this time in the IPL auction. The 33-year-old Morris was bought by Rajasthan Royals (RR) for Rs 16.25 crore. He has left Yuvraj Singh behind in the most expensive bid.
Yuvraj was bought by Delhi Daredevils in 2015 for 16 crores. At the same time, it has become the highest paid player in the IPL after Virat Kohli. RCB’s Virat’s salary is 17 crores. He was retained for Rs 17 crore in 2018.
IPL: Top 10 Players Who Get the Most Salary –
- Virat Kohli (Rs 17 crore) – Team India captain Virat Kohli has the highest amount of Rs 17 crore in IPL. Let’s get salary. He is the highest paid player in the history of IPL. The 32-year-old Kohli is counted among the best cricketers in the world. Kohli has been fully captaining the Royal Challengers Bangalore since 2013, but he has not got the title success so far.
- Chris Morris (Rs 16.25 crore) – Chris Morris has become the highest paid player after Virat Kohli in IPL. Morris will get a salary of Rs 16.25 crore. Chris Morris was released this year by the team of Royal Challengers Bangalore. Morris has scored 551 runs in 70 matches at an average of 23.95 in the IPL, including two half-centuries. His highest score is 82 not out. Morris has also taken 80 wickets at an average of 23.98. 4 wickets for 23 runs has been his best bowling performance.
- Pat Cummins (Rs 15.5 crore) – The salary of the Pant Cummins of Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) is Rs 15.5 crore. Fast bowler Cummins is an important member of the Australian team in all formats. He made his test debut at the age of 18. Cummins became the most expensive foreign player in IPL history in last season’s auction.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Rs 15 crore) – Chennai Super Kings (CSK) captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s salary is Rs 15 crore. On 15 August 2019, Dhoni said goodbye to international cricket. Since 2008, Dhoni has been captaining CSK. Under his leadership, CSK has won the IPL title three times. CSK team became champions in 2010, 2011 and 2018.
- Rohit Sharma (Rs 15 crore) – The salary of Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma is Rs 15 crore. “Hitman” Rohit Sharma has performed unmatched for India in all formats. Mumbai Indians have won the IPL title five times under Rohit’s captaincy. Rohit made Mumbai the IPL champion in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020. Last year, Rohit was honored with the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
- Rishabh Pant (Rs 15 crore) – Rishabh Pant’s salary is Rs 15 crore. Pant scored 343 runs in 14 matches for Delhi last season. Pant, the wicket-keeper batsman, is doing well in Test matches for India at this time. Pant had a memorable performance in the historic win against Australia. In the 14th season of IPL, Delhi Capitals will be expecting a good performance from Pant.
- Kyle Jamieson (Rs 15 crore) – New Zealand fast bowler Kyle Jamieson will get a salary of Rs 15 crore. Jamieson, 6 feet 8 inches tall, made his T20 International debut against the West Indies in November 2020. Jamieson has taken 3-3 wickets in ODIs and T20 Internationals. The 26-year-old Jamieson has impressed in Test matches. Jamieson has taken 36 wickets in 6 Tests. He has also scored 226 runs at an average of 56.50. Jamieson will play in the IPL for the first time and he can prove to be a trump card for RCB.
- Glenn Maxwell (Rs 14.25 crore) – Australia’s Glenn Maxwell will get a salary of Rs 14.25 crore. Maxwell has scored 1505 runs in 82 matches of IPL, including 6 fifties. Maxwell’s highest score has been 95 runs. Maxwell has also taken 19 wickets in the IPL. Maxwell first made his IPL debut for Mumbai Indians in 2013. The 2014 IPL was a memorable one for Maxwell. In IPL 2014, Maxwell scored 552 runs in 16 matches for Punjab. After that, he has not been able to perform that much in the IPL. Royals Challengers Bangalore will expect Maxwell to perform well in IPL 2021.
- Jhye Richardson (Rs 14 crore) – Australian fast bowler Jhye Richardson will get a salary of Rs 14 crore in this season of IPL. He will be seen playing for Punjab Kings in IPL. Right-arm bowler Richardson had a terrific performance in the Big Bash League this season. Jhye Richardson has played 2 Tests, 13 ODIs and 9 T20 matches for Australia. He has taken 6 wickets in Tests, 24 in ODIs and 9 in T20. He will be seen playing in the IPL for the first time. Richardson, 24, plays for Western Australia in domestic cricket. He has been playing for the Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash League since 2016. Richardson took the highest 29 wickets in 17 matches in the 2020–21 season of the Big Bash. Jay Richardson has taken 69 wickets in 53 matches in the overall Big Bash.
- David Warner (12.5 crores) – Sunrisers Hyderabad captain David Warner’s salary is 12.5 crores. David Warner has consistently done well for Hyderabad. Under his captaincy, Hyderabad also won the title in 2016. The left-handed opener plays for Warner in all three formats. In the 132-year history of Australian cricket, David Warner is the first cricketer who was selected in the national team without playing a first-class match.
Kolkata Knight Riders ‘Sunil Narine and Rajasthan Royals’ Ben Stokes also have a salary of Rs 12.5 crore.