Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was a man who imparted his remarkable contribution in uniting parted India as one nation. On his death anniversary, the nation is paying tribute to a great freedom fighter, barrister, politician, and humanitarian. He was born on 31 October 1875 in Nadiad district, Gujarat. He became the first Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of India after India got independence. For successfully leading Bardoli Satyagraha, he was conferred the title of Sardar. He is also known as a Bismarck and Iron Man of India for playing a major role in uniting India that was parted into various princely states after independence.
The Unforgettable Facts About Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Sardar VALLABH Bhai Patel was the son of a farmer. Despite this, he received higher education and became a successful barrister.
Despite being the most capable leader of the Congress party in Azad India, Sardar VALLABH Bhai Patel could not become a Prime Minister. He became the Deputy Prime Minister.
- This India, which is a union of states today, was a group of 565 local princely states. Sardar Patel integrated these princely states and created modern India.
- The Nizam of Hyderabad and the Nawab of Junagadh refused to merge their princely states with India. Sardar Patel used the army and added their states in India. In the year 1948, the Nizam of Hyderabad agreed to integrate his state in India.
- Jawaharlal Nehru liked Western culture and Briticism while Sardar Patel was against the English rule.
- He turned down the post of Prime Minister only because he did not want to split the Congress Party.
- Patel proved to be a god for the refugees.
- If anyone deserved the country’s highest honor Bharat Ratna, it was the Sardar Patel himself. But sadly, this honor was given to him very late in 1991.
- Sardar Patel was an important member of the Indian Constituent Assembly, who played a major role in framing the Constitution of India.